An Indian meal is not something which is always hard to make .It can be easy too.If you have all the spices and ingredients ready to use, you will enjoy cooking them,cause they are so colorful ,aromatic and super tasty.Forget the takeaway meal, get the pleasures of homemade Indian meal.For example Indian, flatbread is one of the quickest and easiest bread to make in the world,which I believe.I mean all recipes in the picture took me around 1 hour to cook (cooking time).I took 13 minutes extra for the preparation.
- At first ,I marinated the chicken and kept it aside.
- Mix 8 boneless and skinless diced chicken thighs with little lime juice,1 teaspoon of coriander powder,1 teaspoon of garam masala or curry powder, a half teaspoon of turmeric powder, 3 grated garlic (you can use paste) and salt.
2) Get the rice ready to cook in the microwave.
3) In a microwave safe bowl, add one cup rice , half teaspoon turmeric powder,1 teaspoon cinnamon powder,2-3 cloves,2-3 black peppers,2 cardamom pods,salt to taste, 1 teaspoon of sugar.Mix them well.Add 2 and a half cup of water. Cook it for 15 minutes in high temperature.After the rice is cooked,keep it inside the microwave ,so rice will absorb all the moisture and will get fluffy.
4) Knead the dough for flat bread. Put 6 hip tablespoons of wholemeal flour and 2 hip tablespoons of plain flour in a large bowl (to make 3 medium size bread).Add 1 teaspoon of cumin seeds ,1 tablespoon of any oil and pinch of salt.Mix everything well,then gradually add water and keep kneading for 5 minutes.It should become not too soft and not too hard .Then cover it with a wet kitchen tissue.Keep it aside.
5) Saute the courgette or zucchini .Slice two large zucchini .Add 3 tablespoon of oil in the pan,when oil is hot add 1 teaspoon of mustard seeds, one chopped chili and few curry leaves.Be careful ,cause all of them will start crackling,you can cover a lid for few seconds,then put all chopped courgette in it. Add salt to taste.When courgette is half way cooked add 3 large tablespoon of desiccated coconut,then keep cooking them until brown in color.
6) Now cook the chicken curry. Add 3 tablespoon of olive oil in the pan.Add one medium chopped onion in the hot oil.Let the onion brown a bit and add the marinated chicken into it.Make spice paste of one teaspoon of turmeric powder,1 tablespoon of grated ginger, 1 tablespoon of grated garlic,1 tablespoon of coriander powder,1 tablespoon of paprika , water and 2 tablespoons of tomato ketchup. When chicken is slightly brown add the paste.Cook them for 5 minutes,Then add 3 tablespoons of natural plane yogurt and 3 tablespoons of full fat cream.You can add green pepper now and cover it.Cook them for10 minutes in medium flame then reduce the flame for another 10 minutes. When oil is separated from the side the curry is cooked.
7) Making flatbread.Divide the dough into three balls and roll them with the roller with the help of little flour.Make any shape you want.In a hot pan slap the bread in.When the small small bubbles will appear on top them flip it to the other side.Another 1 or 2 minutes will take to cook other side,then cover them inside the aluminium foil or clean tea towel , this process is important to make soft flatbread.
8) Finally make the yogurt dressing or we call it ‘raita’.Mix yougart, chopped cucumber,chopper carrots,chopped onions, chopper coriander leaves,mixed sprouted beans, salt and pepper.