Dates and nuts ladoos (Indian sweet balls)
Everytime when I roast nuts they spread so aromatic tasty flavours through out my house that it reminds me the festival times.Diwali is not complete without dates and nuts ladoos and all other types of ladoos and sweets.
Dates and nuts ladoos are probably most quickest ladoos to make .Also this type of sweets are full of nutrient values.Dates are good for your digestive system,reduce your blood pressure,most importantly they are anti-Inflammatory and has got good level of vitamin B6 which is good for healthy brain.
I have used medjool dates because they are soft and large.If you don’t find medjool dates you can buy other kind of dates .If they are hard just soak them into little hot water and grind them.Nowaday you can easily find pitted dates from the super market.I have’t grind them because they ware very soft .If you feel like you can always grind them with the help of little hot water.
Nuts are good source of antioxidants ,protein, vitamins .I have used three types of seeds and dry coconut flakes. I have used melon seeds, poppy seeds and flaxseeds.This seeds have got lots of fiber,calcium,iron and many more good values.You can choose seeds that you like to have.You can find these seeds from any Indian groceries.
What you will need for around 16 ladoos :
23 deseeded medjool dates or any large and soft dates crashed
1 big cup of mixed chopped nuts (I have used pecan,brazil,cashew,almond,pistachio and walnuts)
flaxseed or sesame seeds large table spoon to go in the mixture and some more to coat the sweets
Poppy seeds(khaskhas) 1 large table spoon to go in the mixture and some more to coat the sweets
Melon seeds (charmagaz)1 large table spoon to go in the mixture and some more to coat the sweets
Coconut flakes (dry) 1 large table spoon to go in the mixture and some more to coat the sweets
1 table spoon coconut oil or clarified butter or butter or sunflower oil
- Dry roast poppy seeds for 2 minutes in low heat.When they start jumping up remove from the heat.Stay infront,please do not go anywhere while roasting the seeds.It might burn as they do not take long time to crackle.
- Dry roast melon seeds for 2 minutes in low heat.When the start jumping up remove from the heat.
- Dry roast flaxseed for 2 minutes in low heat.When the start crackling remove from the heat.
- Add coconut oil in the pan.
5. Time to roast the nuts.Roast the nuts in low heat until become light brown in color.If you think pan has become too hot turn the heat off and then add the dates.After mashing for 2 minutes then turn the heat back on.
5. Now put the dates. You can chop them or even grind them with little help of hot water if the dates are hard.
6. Mash the date with the back of your spoon.After 5 minutes add all the seeds , a little bit of all seeds into the pan.
7. Mash them for 2 more minutes in low heat.They will become nice smooth sticky dough in texture.You can smell the good aroma by now .
8. Transfer the mixture into a cool bowl.Let it cool for 5 minutes or until you can touch them and can make the balls with your palm.Do not let them cool for long,otherwise you may lose the stickiness and balls may not form in shape.Wet you palm with water and make the shape you want and coat them with any seeds you want.