Tortilla Wrap with Scrambled Egg / Kolkata style Egg Roll
We could eat scrambled egg wraps in breakfast, in lunch or it could be anytime snack recipe. This recipe has got lots of flavours and it is very filling which is good for kids lunch box. Tortilla is easily available in the supermarket, that is why this recipe would be so easy to make. We make scrambled eggs almost everyday morning,why not try something new today.It will take 10 minutes to fill up your kid’s lunch box with this delicious wraps.
In Kolkata this recipe is known as ‘Egg Roll’.It is highly unlikely, if you don’t find Egg Rolls in Kolkata’s street food market.Specily during the festive time you will see several food vans making Egg Rolls instantly in every road of the city.
I love making Tortillas from scratch.When I make my own Tortillas it can be smaller or bigger ,either thick or thin,depending on my mood basically.Sometimes I make the dough in the night and keep it the fridge,next day morning just roll the Tortillas and shallow fry them and fill it with scrambled eggs.
- knead the dough with one and half cup of plain flour (for 4 to 5 Tortillas) with pinch of salt,pinch of sugar,and 1 teaspoon of oil.You will need little less than one cup of water to knead the dough.Knead until the surface become smooth.Then cover it with wet towel for 30 minutes.
- Roll the Tortillas.Put 1 tea spoon of oil into a frying pan,cook each side for 2 minutes in medium to high heat.When you will see some brown spots on the tortilla,it’s done.
- Chopped some vegetables earlier.
- At this point you can put your scrambled egg inside the Tortillas with the veg salad ,some tomato ketchup,some lime juice.Ready to go.
- I made the fried egg as we cook them in Kolkata.Beat an egg with pinch of salt.Add one tea spoon of olive oil into the pan.When the pan is hot add the egg.When the egg is still raw add one Tortilla on top of it.Wth the back of your spoon press the Tortilla from top that all the eggs can spread evenly around the Tortilla.
- Now take it out from the pan,fill it up with salad and ketchup,some black pepper and lime juice.Serve hot.