Spicy Turkey Stew
In uk Turkey is mainly cooked during the christmas period.Roast turkey is one of the attraction on Christmas table in uk.There are so many recipes of left over Turkey.Today I have cooked winter special spicy, delicious, heathy Turkey stew.This recipe is easy to make if you have all the ingredients ready.
- Turkey breasts: 1.41kg.
- Onion : 2 large.
- Garlic: one whole.
- Ginger: 3 big tablespoons
- Green chilies: 2.
- Red pepper: half.
- Paprika: 1 big tablespoon.
- Turmeric Powder: 1 big tablespoon
- Coriander Powder: 1 big tablespoon.
- Black pepper.
- Bay leaves:2 to 3
- Roasted almond flakes on whole almonds: 4 tablespoons.
- Yogurt: half cup.
- Single cream: 150 ml or thick warm milk.
- Garam masala.(Five spices which I have used homemade).
- Vegetables:Potatoes,carrots,brussels sprout.(optional)
- Lemon: 2 tablespoons.
- I am using pressure cooker.It can be cooked in slow cooker or in the oven.
- Marinate the diced turkey breasts with 2 tablespoons of lemon and black pepper for half an hour.
- Put all spices( except Garam masala) and onion,ginger,garlic,almonds, cream,yogurt,chilis into a grinder with little water.Grind them into a thick paste.
- Heat oil in a large pan.When the oil is hot enough put the ground paste into it with 2 dry or fresh bay leafs.
- Fry the paste until oil comes out from the edges or it should become half in amount .
- Now is time to add turkey.I have added some winter vegetables,like carrots, potatoes,brussels sprout.You can add your choice of veg.Add salt to your taste.
- As everyone knows that turkey is bit dry and takes more time than chicken to cook,that is why I transferred everything into a pressure cooker to cook faster.Add one glass of water or add water up to everything covers.At this point you can cook this into oven 200 degree for 1 hour.In presure cooker it will take 3 whistles at medium heat.
- After 3 whistles in the pressure cooker,let it cool down.Then open the cover.This process is extremely important to do.Please use the pressure cooker only if you know how to use it.
- Sprinkle Garam masala .
- Serve hot turkey curry with rice or bread.