About cod fish fry : This recipe is traditionally used with Bhetki fish (Bengali name of the fish) in West Bengal,India.I am using cod fish, which is easily available in London and also similar to the Bhetki.
This is very testy recipe and easy to prepare.If you marinate the fish overnight (or freeze them) in advance,it will be easy to fry them next day and serve hot.This is one of my family favourite recipe.This recipe is perfect for rainy afternoon with a cup of tea.
- Cod fish : 6 fillets.
- 1 whole chilli crushed.
- turmeric powder 1 tea-spoon.
- coriander powder 1 tea spoon.
- Cumin powder 1 tea spoon.
- Lemon juice 1 table spoon.
- Red chilli powder 1/2 tea spoon
- 1 chopped deseeded green chilli.
- Salt to taste.
Mix them well and marinate them for 10 minutes.
Second Marination: Process 2:
- Ginger paste:1 table spoon
- Onion paste:1 table spoon
- Garlic paste:1 tabel spoon.
- chopped Coriander leaves:One hand full.
Mix them all and keep them in the fridge for overnight.
- Plain flour:One large cup of.
- Corn flour :4 table spoon.
- Egg: 1 beaten .
- Melted butter: 4 table spoon
- Chopped onion:2 tabel spoon
- Ginger Garlic paste: 1 table spoon.
- Black pepper powder: half tea spoon.
Dip the fish into batter and deep fry them.Serve hot.
Tips: poke a toothpick inside the fish while it’s frying, if it comes out clean,it’s ready to take off the oil.