There are two types of Semolina coarses.One is fine course and the other one is not very fine or crystallised semolina.I am using fine coarse.This recipe is ideal for vegitarians.Semolina is made from durum wheat, that is why it is digested slowly.Good for someone trying to lose weight or blood sugar,especially for diabetices.Semolina contains potassium,which helps to improve kidney function.
The time will take to prepare this recipe : 30 minutes
Quantity : 8 muffins
- Semolina : 1 and 1/2 cup
- Cardamom : 5 pods or Cardemom Powder :1/2 tea-spoon
- Plain yogurt : 1/2 cup
- Melted butter : 1/3 cup
- Milk : 3/4 cup
- Fine Sugar :1 cup
- Baking powder :1/2 tea-spoon
- Baking soda :1/3 tea-spoon
- Salt : 2 pinch
- Any dried fruits available : 1/3 cup
- preheat the oven at 180 degrees.
- Baking time is maximum 20 to 25 minutes.
- Add salt to the Semolina and mix it .
- Now open the cardamom pods and select the seeds from inside.Normally seeds are tend to clump together.Separate the each seed from other.You can also add the powdered cardamom.But I personally like to use cardamom this way for more flavour.
- After mixing the salt add the melted butter,give it a good mix.
- If you are using powdered sugar you do not need to grind it.Add the sugar and yogurt into the semolina , mix them.Do not need to mix them for long time.
- Then goes milk.Use half of the milk, and mix them.Keep half aside to use it later.
- Now cover the mixture andleave it for 8 to 10 minutes to absorve all the liquid.
- After 10 minutes add the rest of the milk, baking powder and baking soda and mix .
- At last add the dried fruits of your choice.
- Now it is ready to fill the muffin cups.
- It’s now time to put them in the oven.
- Cook them at 180 degrees for 13 minutes.After that slow the oven to 150 degrees.Cook another 12 minutes or untill tops become brown.Use the toothpick and see if it comes out clean, sign of cooked muffins.
- Enjoy the healthy muffins with afternoon tea.